Saturday, July 21, 2007
Lacrosse Game
I know it's been a long time but today is really a day of significance. No, it's not Harry Potter people, it's the game against
Caulfield. Now, I've been playing lacrosse for while now but I still lack the technical skills or the balls to charge through sticks and bodies just aching to hurt me. This isn't about that though, it's about the sheer violence of the game. I was battered left, right, centre today. Being body checked isn't all fun and games people, especially when you're recovering from a shoulder injury.
It all started out with the shoulder. I tried receiving a feed while cutting through and guess what? I heard a faint ominous 'creak' coming from my shoulder and it hurts like hell. I failed to receive and ran out of the pitch like a man on fire. So, after nursing my shoulder for a bit, I had to get out there once again. Ran on and got body checked while trying to run with the ball and fell to the ground. I got up and started pursuing that bloody ass and tried to give him some. Unfortunately, ball switched hangs and I couldn't do anything about it.
Second time happened in the
midline. I was going for the ball and this guy totally shoved me aside.
Ok, at this very moment, I was like insane already, I couldn't take it anymore.
Everyone's like giving me shit all the time and I wanted blood. So, I chased him down and pushed his ass to the ground, to the mud. Yea, you like that don't you, huh? Who's your daddy now? I viciously chased guys with the ball and gave them a bit of their own medicine. Unfortunately, that didn't work very well. Guess body checks are the way after all.
Third time, was defending when this guy took a shot. Unfortunately for me, I was the block of meat that was in front of him at that time. The ball hit my thigh and it burned. MY goodness, it was pain I tell you. Lucky for me,
adrenaline was high at the moment so I barely felt it at that time.
Thus, concludes my report on the most vicious and physical game of the season. We lost 7-5. It was pretty sad cause we caught up in the four quarter but that scored two more and that was it.
Hai~
Â