Saturday, June 16, 2007
Great
Ok, so this was the first game in a very long time and it's supposed to be a disaster since we're up against League leaders Surrey Park. It turns out that the game was actually our best in the many games we've played so far. I guess it's also thanks to the Div 1 guys that came and scored the goals for us, we're probably still too new for scoring goals.
Yes, it was very tiring. I've forgotten how tiring lacrosse was. It's like playing catching with 25 year olds. Haha, I believe today I've dealt out more damage than damage taken. Also, it feels great to tackle the ball out of his stick by simply smacking across the arms. Gives a great satisfaction to one.
After the game, I felt better cause it seems that I've finally another purpose during the holidays and that's too get good at the game. Seeing that I'm still jobless..
Ok, I'm just going to sidetrack for a little bit. I really can't stand the job system here. I mean, you just drop off your resume and wait for them to get back to you. It's such a drag because you never know for sure whether they're just waiting to hire you or you're totally off the list. So, in my case, I've already applied to 3 separate prospective jobs but apparently none have gotten back to me. Maybe, my application hasn't been submitted yet? Maybe, the workers there couldn't be bothered to give it to their superiors? I don't know. All I know is that each day I walk past and the sign for part-time workers is still up and it pisses me off because here there's this perfectly good worker willing to work for them and they're still advertising for a need of one.
ok, back to the point at hand. I could probably train harder than anyone else and get back my fitness and my weight. Yes, I received a rude shock today when I weighed myself. It's horrifying really.
So, I think it's time to pen down my goals for this holiday.
Â