Wednesday, April 4, 2007
Long Run
Wow, today was the first time in many many long months where I really ran. The estimated distance was about 4.5km, probably a bit less than that. The route was considered mildly challenging as we zig-zagged our way through Princes Park and experienced the many down slopes or up slopes in our way. I think I underestimated the value of warming-up, my calf gradually became tight half way and I guess it was due to the difference in body heat and the temperature of the environment. I must say though that running in Melbourne, even if it's cold, is super enjoyable. The run would have had me drenched in sweat but the end of it but here, I could still smell the detergent on my shirt after the run. Imagine the amount I sweated!
After the run, I went to Crown to have dinner with my family. Don't really know what's up with them today, had Waterfront for dinner. So, it was pretty expensive and the portions as usual were very large. I got owned by the steak near the end and finally my mom and brother offered to help finish off the last few morsel of the meal. Overall, it was still pretty good but I have to say that the quality of the bread has really dropped. It's all dried up and crispy but I guess that's just because of the weather. However, quality must remain.
Tomorrow will be our first session of basketball. Muahahahaha, I wonder if I still have my accuracy. We shall see.
Â