Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Easter Sunday
3rd DAY OF OCToday marks the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I have to say in all truthfulness that this IS really the FIRST Easter for me. I guess I kinda am able to comprehend certain aspects of the Christian faith after everything that has happened.
I'd just like to point out something which will probably impact my life from now on. I, 3SG Lionel Soh Jin Hong, S8613841G, hereby declare that I, from this day forth. shall not judge nor be influenced by the judgement of others and will only accept judgement from GOD. If it so happens that I have judged unconsciously, I pray that GOD will forgive me and gran me the wisom to learn from my mistakes.
I seem to be throwing out new resolutions pretty often these days. I wonder how long I would be able to uphold these values? Hopefully, I have already matured in my atittude towards my peers and that those who know me would be able to tell the difference between what I once was and what I am.
I'm not arrogant enough to think that by wishing and hoping things would inevitably take the course I desire. Steering my personal growth towards the desired outcome will probably be filled with frustration, confusion and will require quite a fair bit of perseverence on my part. Obviously, talk is cheap but writing on a piece of paper is slightly more expensive and hopefully enough to affirm my various resolutions. Oh, and by the way, even though I desire to be renewed, my antics will remain. People, you should still be wary of my jibes and people in Singapore, don't worry, your fair share will be coming.
On to a more serious matter, my religious convictions. Today's main subject would be methods of worship. I hope you guys already know that the church I'm currently attending is actually pretty charasmatic. For those that are clueless, it is a form or worship which dictates a passionate outcry for GOD instead of a much more stoic and stern environment. I'm not commenting on anybody, just the effect it has on me. Whenever, I hear someone tearing over the microphone or someone shouting a 'YES' admist a silent crowd. it gives me goosepimples. Truth be told, I was actually pretty against this form or worship in Singapore aka City Harvest. It strikes me as being flashy and totally superficial. I realize it's judgemental and harsh but that's the way I feel. Obviously, I know I'm in no position nor is it my right to comment. Everyone is entitled to their own level of comfort or style of worship. The question on which I'm ponderin on is 'why do we find discomfort in witnessing OFTO styles?' Unfamiliarity? My previou experiences?
Hopefully, the answers will come soon in the form of an enlghtment I would like to experience. In the meantime, OC ends tomorrow. It's really been a ride and this OC should be more of my religious experience than fun.
Good night.
Â