Thursday, March 1, 2007
Argh.. Biology Practical
My goodness, today's Bio prac was really a mess. I have never ever taken a lesson of Biology in my life and all of a sudden I'm supposed to complete a Biology practical? I don't even know how to use a microscope properly! Even though the university has given us pre-lab courses on the internet, but theoy is after all... just theory. Nothing beats have the real deal right in front of you. So, it was with much confusion that I passed through 3 hours of Biology practical. I believe the experiment was simple for a Biology student who has taken Bio during the high school years but for a beginner like me, it seem a little too much to take. For example, the whole 6 experiments we were suppose to do were fairly simple. We were told to take a sample from a solution, analyze the cells within the sample and draw a diagram of the cell. Simple right? I just didn't know what constitues as a proper diagram, how I'm supposed to identify the correct cells, what the different stages of mitosis look like etc etc. I ended up copying most of my diagrams from the screen above. SO depressing. It's like I took away nothing from that 3 hours I spent in the lab. AND we were graded on that practical session.
Crap.
Crap.
I've already emailed the professor in charge to ask for introductory practical sessions for New Bio students. Hopefully I'll get a reply soon.
Â