Monday, February 12, 2007
Doom
So I started Doom 3 on friday hoping that at least it could occupy most of the days leading to my university's orientation. but somehow, I've finished it in less than 2 days.
Crap.
So, I begin another download...F.E.A.R. Hopefully, my laptop will be able to support the minimal requirements of this game. If not, I'll probably bore myself to death in days to come.
I was just reading this article(
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070210/ap_on_fe_st/25000_dinner) about a hotel who prepared a 10-course meal for patrons who payed 25k for it. The extravegence of the rich never ceases to amaze me. About 40 people went to sample this exquisite fare. That's whooping 1 million for a 10-course meal. Heck, give it to Singaporeans. We could probably celebrate 1000 Chinese Wedding dinners, complete with cold seafood platter and Ee Fu noodles plus a special 'surprise' dessert at the end. Hmm, I'm betting that those diners probably took a nibble out of each portion before rejecting the rest of it.
Sigh.. The vicious cycle of the rich and the poor. Sad.
Â