<----------main pic----->
<----------welcome to my life----->
<----------love excuse----->
<----------broken----->
<----------rose dies----->
More Bout Me
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Lionel
20
ACS(I),ACJC
40SAR Recce Specialist
University Of Melbourne
APPRECIATES


Music
Loves Guitar
Conversations
Friends
Composing
Learning
Basketball
Canoeing/Dragonboat(really)

DEPLORES


Hypocrisy
Bossy Customers
Outfields
Lousy Pay
BACKSTABBERS
MY SELF-ESTEEM

DESIRES


Electric Acoustic Guitar
PGM Electric Guitar
AVT-100x Marshall Amp
RECORDING EQUIPMENT
Thumb Picks, Finger Picks
New Tennis Racket
A Good JOB
TAke Your Pick





Or you can find your own fav song at www.radioblogclub.com



The UNFORGOTTEN PAST
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007


LEAVE
Jasmine
Jie Wei
Matt
Yina
FBT
Sulynn
LINKS
LINKS
LINKS


Tell Me
TAgboard,

CREDITS

Designer:
  • Dina Malyana

  • Music Player:
  • Radio Blog Club

  • Photos:
  • Photobucket


  • *Credits must stay intact for use.
    Tuesday, February 20, 2007

    1st Day


    Today was the 1st day of Orientation. As expected, it was very VERY different from our type of orientation at the schools in Singapore. From what I heard, NTU and NUS has a pretty good orientation programme. I guess the way it works is by keeping the same group together for 3 or 4 days such that they people involved know each other fairly well by the end of the programme. Singapore's orientation also constitutes of activities lined up in an orderly fashion, on after the other so 1st years would never need to worry about what they're gonna do next.
    Australian Universities... are different. No one can decide which one is better because it's two entirely different cultural networks. Obviously, I prefer the Singapore's orientation system. hence I'm being bias when I say that today was actually pretty boring. Let me explain. The orientation programme consist of a total of 4 days. On the 1st day, people meet in a small host group headed by a later year student and they sit in a circle talking more about themselves. Well, the organization can be said to be either flexible or incompetant cause the heads are suppose to inform you by phone. So, if you don't have a host group like me, then you just have to find some other group to join in. So basically, we talked... but not a lot as expected. The bad thing was, I was 1 of the 2 'foreigners' in that group, the others were Aussie-bred but probably has ancestral roots elsewhere. So after talking, we moved on to the touring of the university, followed by the Dean's Welcome. We were supposed to meet out head after the Dean's Welcome but apparently, he couldn't be found. So... we split up. After all, the rest had their own set of friends to follow. Yep, you guessed it. I was left hanging.
    So, I guess Orientation isn't everything. I guess the socializing part probably comes from the Clubs or Societies that you decide to join. The format of the whole orientation was for a small group to attend a small carnival, but then I guess it's new for me.
    Everything ended about 230pm for me. Managed to catch this interesting stand-up comedy act. He was pretty good.
    Subject briefings Tomorrow.

    Â