Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Completion
Whew...Finally, I'm done writing my first instrumental piece on an acoustic guitar. Even though it still requires a lot of polishing but I guess the major bit has been done. I was wondering to myself if that's the right road to composition. Is it ok to write a piece without first studying other compositions?
I guess it's ok to a certain extent. I could figure out the melody and such but i wouldn't understand if it's ok to raise a note or to add an accidental or use a different key. I just.. feel it.. which is way that can only take me so far. I guess it's time to settle for theory work lessons, which I'm sure will take me to a higher level of understanding. All I'm doing right now is banging out cliche tunes which have residing inside my subconscious mind.
Boring.
I was watching that clip of Andy Mckee's Drifting again. That melody and technique is just wicked sick. I HAVE to learn that piece. Not sure whether my guitar will be able to take the beating but I guess I'll give it a shot.
Life is pretty boring over here. I mean I don't mind but it's destroying my body. Haven't run in about a month, as in seriously train. Hopefully when uni starts i'll be able to gym more frequently.
Hmm.. I think ill compose a song starting in D next... Till next time.
Â